To activate the function, select your object and choose Object > Path > Split Into Grid. With the split into grid Illustrator tool dialog box open, you can change the number of Rows, number of Columns, Gutter dimensions and Illustrator will automatically calculate the height and width of the rectangles.
How do I split a document in half in Illustrator?
From the top menu: Object > Path > Split into grid… From the top menu: Window > Artboards . In the Artboards panel Select the first artboard and delete it.
How do you split an artboard into two?
You could use this work around;
- Create a Rectangular Grid(Alt+Click, for options) with 0 Horizontal Dividers and 1 Vertical Horizontal.
- Make them guides (Ctrl + 5)
- Object > Slice > Create from Guides.
- Object > Artboard > Convert to Artboard.
- Go to Artboard Tabs (Next to Layers, usually)
How do I separate part of a path in Illustrator?
Click in the middle of the straight line to make a break in the path. Two new endpoints will appear on the original path. Alternately, click on the anchor point of the path you want to split. Select “Cut Path At Select Anchor Points” from the Control panel.