How do I make a clipping mask in Illustrator?
A clipping mask can be made in a few different ways:
- Drop down Menu: Object > Clipping Mask > Make.
- Shortcut Key: Command > 7.
- Layer Panel: Make/Release Clipping Mask icon at the bottom.
- Right click: highlight all objects and select Make Clipping Mask.
How do you create a clipping mask?
Create a clipping mask
- Hold down Alt (Option in Mac OS), position the pointer over the line dividing two layers in the Layers panel (the pointer changes to two overlapping circles), and then click.
- In the Layers panel, select the top layer of a pair of layers you want to group, and choose Layer > Create Clipping Mask.
Why can’t I make a clipping mask in Illustrator?
You have to select more than one object. Both the path/shape that you want as clipping mask, and the object(s) you want to mask. The mask path/shape must be the top object in the layer.
How do you create a clipping path?
Select the Path Layer and click on the Three Lines Shaped Icon located at the top right corner of the panel, and choose Save Path. After that enter the name for your path and then select Clipping Path from the same drop-down menu. A new dialog box will appear with a variety of clipping path settings.
How do I make a clipping mask in Illustrator iPad?
The Clipping Mask feature is one of my favourites and easiest on the Illustrator for iPad. You simply need to draw over the objects and turn into a Clipping Mask.