You can also resolve a ‘scratch disk full’ condition by selecting additional drives for use as scratch disks. Hold down the Cmd + Option keys (macOS) or Ctrl + Alt keys (Windows) during app launch and set a new scratch disk for your system under the Scratch Disk Preferences dialog that opens.
How do I empty the scratch disk in Photoshop?
3. Clear Scratch Disk in Photoshop
- Open Photoshop on your Mac.
- Select “edit” from the menu bar.
- Select “Purge”
- Select “All”
- When the popup appears, choose “OK”
How do you save a Photoshop file when scratch disks are full?
How to Fix the Photoshop Scratch Disk Full Error
- Free up disk space. …
- Delete Photoshop temporary files. …
- Defragment the hard disk. …
- Clear the Photoshop cache. …
- Clear Crop tool values. …
- Change the Photoshop performance settings. …
- Change or add additional scratch disks.
Could not save because scratch disks are full Photoshop?
If you’re getting an error message that the scratch disk is full, it usually means you need to clear some space on whatever drive is defined as the scratch disk in Photoshop Preferences, or add additional drives for Photoshop to use as scratch space.
Can’t save copy because scratch disks are full?
If you encounter a ‘Scratch disk full’ error, it often means that your hard drive (or drives) used as scratch disk is (are) running out of storage space required to perform a task.
How do you fix a scratched disk full?
How To Fix The “Scratch Disks Are Full” Error In Photoshop
- Free-Up Memory Space On Your Computer.
- Delete Photoshop Temporary Files.
- Change The Scratch Disk On Startup.
- Change The Scratch Disk Drive In Photoshop.
- Disable The Auto Recovery Feature In Photoshop.
- Let Photoshop Use More RAM.
- Delete The Photoshop Cache Files.
How do I empty my scratch disk in Photoshop without opening it?
If you can’t free up enough space – or, you simply want to select a different scratch disk drive, but Photoshop won’t open because the disks are full – then you can hold CTRL+ALT (Windows) or CMD+OPTION (Mac) while Photoshop is launching to select a new scratch disk drive.
How do I empty my scratch disk without opening Photoshop Mac?
How to clear scratch disk without opening Photoshop
- Clear photoshop cache. Cache and other system junk have a lot to answer for. …
- Remove temporary files. …
- Clear your disk space. …
- Use Activity Monitor to free up RAM.