To get to the old refine edge, you need to have a selection made then go to the select menu and hold down the shift key whilst clicking on Select and Mask in the menu. I am running Photoshop CC 2020 version 21.2. 1 on a Mac. Shift-Select and Mask does NOT bring up the Refine Edge tool.
How do I enable Refine Edge in Photoshop?
The Refine Edge tool is available from both the Photoshop menu bar and the right-click context menu.
- Make a selection in your file in Photoshop. …
- Once the selection is active (you see the “marching ants” around the selection), open the Refine Edge window by right-clicking the selection and choosing Refine Edge.
In Photoshop CC, the Refine Edge tool can be found in the “Select and Mask” area. In PS 6 it can be found in the top toolbar of any selection tool.
How do I find Refine Edge in Photoshop CC?
With a selection or mask active, press-and-hold Shift, and go to Select > Select and Mask. This will open the Refine Edge window instead of the Select and Mask Workspace!
How do you refine edges in Photoshop 2021?
How to Refine Edges in Photoshop CC
- Step 1: Make a Selection. Start with making a rough selection of your subject. …
- Step 2: Open Refine Edge. Where is Refine Edge in Photoshop? …
- Step 3: Select a View Mode. …
- Step 5: Adjust the Edges. …
- Step 4: Refine Selection. …
- Step 5: Output Your Selection.
Where has Refine Edge gone?
But in Photoshop CC 2015.5, Adobe replaced Refine Edge with Select and Mask, a new all-in-one workspace for both making and refining selections.
How do you find the edges in Photoshop?
In the Layers window select the Edge Mask layer by clicking on it. Next apply the “Find Edges” filter by selecting “Filters | Stylize | Find Edges” from the Photoshop menu. Once processed your image should take on the appearance of a line drawing similar to that shown below.
Where is Refine Edge in Photoshop 2017?
Click on the select menu on the top Photoshop menu. Hold down shift, and click on Select and Mask from the drop down menu. It will now load up as the Refine Edge tool.
Where is Refine Mask option in Photoshop?
Refine the mask edge in the Select and Mask workspace
- Click the Select and Mask button in the Properties panel to open the Select and Mask workspace.
- Select the Refine Edge Brush tool on the left side of the workspace.