If you hold down shift while opening a PNG with the SuperPNG plugin you can choose to open it with the alpha as a separate channel rather than as layer transparency. As well as save PNGs without clearing the color in areas with full transparency which Photoshop does by default and can’t be turned off.
How do you invert a mask in substance painter?
You can invert the background of the mask by doing Right-click > Invert mask background. This is useful if you want to avoid destroying the effects attached to a mask.
How do you flip an image in substance painter?
To rotate the layer:
- Hover your mouse outside the transform box but within the 2D view.
- A small horizontal arrow will appear next to your cursor.
- Click and drag to rotate the transform box.
How do you invert a brush in substance painter?
Pressing X allows to invert the brush color when painting on a mask.
How do you use a smart mask on a substance painter?
Adding a Smart Mask
- To add a Smart Masks, simply drag and drop one from the Shelf onto the target layer :
- Drag and dropping multiple Smart Masks will accumulate them :
- It is possible however to replace the whole effect stack by pressing CTRL during the drag and drop :
How do you mirror texture a substance painter?
While texturing there’s an icon on the top bar of two rectangles with a slice down the middle which will turn on mirroring mode, so when you paint on one side it’ll draw along the axis as well.
How do you mirror texture?
If you want to just mirror the texture, you can delete one half of the model and use a mirror modifier, unwrap the mesh to align with your intended texture and then apply the mirror modifier to get the mesh UVs to align on both sides.
How do you use the Clone tool on a substance painter?
- Select the source location by placing the mouse on the model and pressing the ” V ” key.
- Then placing the mouse where the duplicated area will appear and start painting.
How do you invert a brush in Zbrush?
To invert an existing mask, hold down the Ctl key and click on the canvas outside the model. Note: A convenient way to mask an entire object is to invert the mask while the object is completely unmasked.
How do you change the brush size on a substance painter?
Instead of pressing the bracket keys to toggle the size of your current brush. Why not have it so, you hold the “B” key and left click drag left & right to adjust the size of the brush on the go?
What is Alpha in substance painter?
Alpha. An alpha is a mask that can be used to paint details or complex shapes, for example a barcode or a logo.