Lasso. Great for tracing around an object to precisely select it. Tap-drag and trace around the object to select it.
How does lasso work in SketchBook?
Using Quick Selections
- Rectangle (M) – Tap in the toolbar or press the M key, then tap-drag to select an area.
- Lasso (L) – Tap in the toolbar or press the L key, then tap-drag to select an area.
How do I cut out an image in SketchBook?
If you want to cut and paste content, use one of the selection tools and make your selection:
- Use the hotkey Ctrl+X (Win) or Command+X (Mac) to cut the content.
- Use the hotkey Ctrl+V (Win) or Command+V (Mac) to paste.
How do you move part of a drawing in SketchBook?
Repositioning your selection in SketchBook Pro Mobile
- To free-form move the selection, drag with your finger in the middle of the puck to place the selection.
- To move the selection a pixel at a time, tap the arrow for the direction you want. Each time you tap it, the selection is moved one pixel in that direction.
How do you select something in SketchBook?
Using a selection like a mask in SketchBook Pro Mobile
- Tap , then .
- Choose a type of selection: Rectangle, Oval, Lasso, Polyline, or Magic Wand. If Magic Wand was selected, if you want to sample all layers, tap .
- Tap-drag or tap and make your selection. …
- Tap another tool, such as or. …
- When finished, tap , then .
How does lasso tool work?
The lasso tool operates on the active layer of an image, and is used by clicking and dragging to trace the edges of a selection. Most software supports multiple closed contours, which can be selected by crossing over the edge path multiple times.
How do you remove the background in SketchBook?
Before saving a file, you can turn off the background layer to have a transparent background (alpha channel).
- In the Layer Editor, in the Background layer, tap. to turn off the background layer and create an alpha channel.
- Select File > Save. When saving an image with an alpha channel, select TIFF, png, or PSD.
How do you unlock transparency in SketchBook?
Locking transparency in SketchBook Pro Desktop
- In the Layer Editor, tap a layer to select it.
- To unlock transparency, tap . Now, layer transparency is unlocked.
How do I make a picture bigger in SketchBook?
Resizing an image in SketchBook Pro Desktop
- In the toolbar, select Image > Image size.
- In the Image Size window, do any of the following: To change the pixel size of the image, in Pixel Dimensions, choose between pixels or percent, then enter a numeric value for Width and Height. …
- Tap OK.
How do you use the Magic Wand tool in SketchBook?
Refining your Magic Wand selection in SketchBook Pro Mobile
- In the toolbar, tap , then. and select a tool from the Selection toolbar.
- Tap. Magic Wand.
- Tap the color you want selected.
- Tap-drag the Tolerance slider to either narrow or broaden the selection.
How do you mirror in SketchBook?
Flip or mirror your canvas
To flip the canvas vertically, select Image > Flip Canvas Vertically. To flip the canvas horizontally, select Image > Mirror Canvas.
Can you mask in Autodesk SketchBook?
Masking and Lock Transparency
One thing that also different from Photoshop is the Lock Transparency option for layers in SketchBook. You do this by clicking on the little lock icon. Lock Transparency creates a mask that locks out the transparent portion of the layer.
How do you color in SketchBook?
The version of Sketchbook you are running will determine whether the palette is visible or needs to be opened, by tapping an icon.
Quickly select a color from the palette.
- Tap the middle of the Color Puck to access the Color Wheel.
- Tap. to open the palette.
- To select a swatch color, tap a swatch.